Harmony Museum Announces Concerts and Workshops with Grammy-Award Winning Cellist

Cellos In Harmony

Grammy Award winning cellist Eugene Friesen is coming to Harmony for three days of concerts and student workshops Sept 13, 14, and 15.

Cellos In Harmony

Harmony Museum Announces
Concerts and Workshops with

Grammy-Award Winning Cellist

The Harmony Museum has announced an artist-in-residence musical weekend coming to Harmony, Pa. September 13, 14, and 15. The event is called Cellos in Harmony and features three days of concerts and student workshops with 4-time Grammy Award winning cellist Eugene Friesen. Joining Friesen in some workshops and concerts is Cello Fury, the popular Pittsburgh cello trio.
“I have known Eugene Friesen for a number of years,” says Andrew Orient, event co-chair, “and have told him about Harmony, with its historic buildings and unique charm. I’m so excited that he’s actually coming to Harmony to share his musical gift with students and music lovers of all ages.”
The three-day event is sponsored by the Harmony Museum thanks to the Ruch Memorial Music Fund. These events have also received mojor support from the Butler County Tourism and Convention Bureau and media support from Pittsburgh public stations WYEP and WESA.
The weekend program includes: Friday afternoon high school and middle school cello assemblies at Seneca Valley Schools; Friday night concert at the Harmony Museum Wine Cellar; Saturday morning and afternoon student training workshops; Saturday night concert, in the 1805 Harmonist Barn featuring Friesen, Cello Fury and some of the cello students from the Saturday workshops, and a free Sunday morning concert of sacred music in the 1825 Mennonite Meetinghouse in Harmony.    
Ticket details for all events will be finalized soon. Applications for the Saturday cello student workshops are available at: http://www.harmonymuseum.org/Cellos-In-Harmony.html or by calling Andrew at 412-867-1816.